Derren Brown Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DB Artwork

+6
verus
Eqvites
emiiily
soulmate02
who's arthur?
rogibson
10 posters

Go down

DB Artwork Empty DB Artwork

Post  rogibson Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:43 am

I thought this would be an interesting thread to discuss the 'other side' of DB - his artwork. You can view his work here, or pick up a copy of his book Portraits and you can have them all at your disposal! (Don't worry, Brown Towers aren't paying me for these plugs, I just like finding out more about the DB that we don't see on television)

Also, I thought you guys would appreciate this more - check out this picture of Derren that my fiancee drew. Feel free to leave comments, she would be more than grateful for your time!

rogibson

Back to top Go down

DB Artwork Empty Re: DB Artwork

Post  who's arthur? Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:12 am

i think his art is amazing if this is the £500 prize i would be so so very hapy
who's arthur?
who's arthur?

http://www.twitter.com/ardyer

Back to top Go down

Post  rogibson Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:15 am

who's arthur? wrote:i think his art is amazing if this is the £500 prize i would be so so very hapy

Ditto! I would love to gets me one of them on my wall Very Happy

rogibson

Back to top Go down

Post  soulmate02 Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Personally, I'm not a massive fan of his artwork (please don't hate me!) since am not a big fan of caricatures, but I do appreciate it.

Having said that, as I stated in my video to Lox, I would love the painting of DB himself, as that one is my favourite. Very Happy
soulmate02
soulmate02

http://twitter.com/soulmate02

Back to top Go down

Post  emiiily Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:26 pm

I LOVE Derren's work. I have Portraits.. flicked through it but not read the notes or anything. Went to the Hossack gallery when it was the DB exhibition week.. didn't expect the originals to be that pricey !
emiiily
emiiily

http://www.twitter.com/rhcp_fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Eqvites Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:34 pm

I genuinely love his work, still saving up for one Smile
Eqvites
Eqvites

Back to top Go down

Post  verus Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:31 pm

I was ranting at my mum about DBs artwork just this afternoon...perhaps hinting at possible christmas presents...hmm, I'm getting ideas now Idea
verus
verus

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesLane Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:41 pm

I'm a big fan. I love the Ian McKellen and Judi Dench portraits. I think Derren has an unhealthy obsession with James Marsden... anyone else picked up on this?
JamesLane
JamesLane

http://twitter.com/James_M_Lane

Back to top Go down

Post  rogibson Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:42 pm

JamesLane wrote:I'm a big fan. I love the Ian McKellen and Judi Dench portraits. I think Derren has an unhealthy obsession with James Marsden... anyone else picked up on this?

Definitely. There's even a James Marsden in The Box the movie affraid

rogibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Surzy Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:34 am

I have the Portraits book, I do like the style that Derren uses as it captures the most interesting features of the face, but I don't think i'd have one on the wall ...... infact i have NO paintings on my walls ...... just photographs ....
Surzy
Surzy

Back to top Go down

Post  stenev Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 am

I love his artwork, I guess the thing I find most impressive is that he is oe of those people with passion for what he does and excels at the things he throws himself into.

I'm sure he could make a healthy living as a painter, magician, hypnotists and dare say it 'bearded mind fiddler'.

I love the fact he finds the time to do these paintings as it is obviously something he loves to do. So many 'celebs' just rest on their laurels once they have made some money and do a few adverts to top up the bank balance but probably don't pursue their passions as they feel they don't have the time These must take a huge chunk of time and dedication and I think it's fantastic.

I'm saving up for an A1 or A2 print. Ideally I would love one of Bill Hicks but will no doubt go for the one of DB himself
stenev
stenev

Back to top Go down

Post  coocumb3r Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 am

rogibson wrote:I thought this would be an interesting thread to discuss the 'other side' of DB - his artwork. You can view his work here, or pick up a copy of his book Portraits and you can have them all at your disposal! (Don't worry, Brown Towers aren't paying me for these plugs, I just like finding out more about the DB that we don't see on television)

Also, I thought you guys would appreciate this more - check out this picture of Derren that my fiancee drew. Feel free to leave comments, she would be more than grateful for your time!

screw the pictures, YOU'RE ENGAGED!?! CONGRATUMALATIONS... damn her... was gonna steal ryan for my own uses... damn it Razz
coocumb3r
coocumb3r

http://twitter.com/coocumb3r

Back to top Go down

Post  rogibson Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 pm

not coocumb3r wrote:
rogibson wrote:I thought this would be an interesting thread to discuss the 'other side' of DB - his artwork. You can view his work here, or pick up a copy of his book Portraits and you can have them all at your disposal! (Don't worry, Brown Towers aren't paying me for these plugs, I just like finding out more about the DB that we don't see on television)

screw the pictures, YOU'RE ENGAGED!?! CONGRATUMALATIONS... damn her... was gonna steal ryan for my own uses... damn it Razz

Aw, thanks Cooc! Smile We've been engaged for a bit actually - trying to save up pennies so we can begin organising it properly.

rogibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum