Derren Brown Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st email from Spearman - "Help required - SOLOS (3:31 clock)

+28
verus
Surzy
Shelly2604
emiiily
justapix
jude
who's arthur?
Storm
seraphim
Francis
Dead-Ringer-Tash
helen1984
CherryG
HannahHannah81
hallmork
mummy09
JamesLane
nikki_watt
LairyT
da_bush
soulmate02
Vixter was here all along
colinrocks
d_g_
XxLadyClaireXx
CJ
JayKay
muse_fiona
32 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

1st email from Spearman - "Help required - SOLOS (3:31 clock) - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st email from Spearman - "Help required - SOLOS (3:31 clock)

Post  HannahHannah81 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Sorry newbie!!! where does the :59 seconds reference come from??? know its a book but how did u get to that?? i am trying to read all this posts honest!!!!

No problem Smile. :59 seconds is Richard Wiseman's book that appears in the picture of the poster on the blog. Could be nothing!
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

1st email from Spearman - "Help required - SOLOS (3:31 clock) - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st email from Spearman - "Help required - SOLOS (3:31 clock)

Post  LairyT Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:19 pm

According to Google, 59 seconds only has 240 pages
LairyT
LairyT

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/LairyT?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahHannah81 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:20 pm

LairyT wrote:According to Google, 59 seconds only has 240 pages
D'oh...
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

Post  mummy09 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:22 pm

Think it refers to the saying that you do to people on the first of the month - 'pinch punch first of the month, white rabbit'. You say it while you pinch and punch someone on the first of the month, saying white rabbit means they can't do it back to you[/quote]

lol im so thick ha ha ha got all excited thinking i might have found something sorry guys Crying or Very sad
mummy09
mummy09

Back to top Go down

Post  colinrocks Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:24 pm

LairyT wrote:According to Google, 59 seconds only has 240 pages
Hmm... what about page 133?
colinrocks
colinrocks

http://www.twitter.com/thecolinrocks

Back to top Go down

1st email from Spearman - "Help required - SOLOS (3:31 clock) - Page 4 Empty Alice in Wonderland - box

Post  soulmate02 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:29 pm

I have an annotated ebook of Alice in Wonderland, so it's kinda difficult to tell what page is what. Here are all referrences made to boxes..not sure if any of it's relevant (sorry for the extra long post!):

a) "once she remembered trying to box her own ears for having cheated herself in a game of croquet";
b) "Soon her eye fell on a little glass box that was lying under the table";
c) "in despair she put her hand in her pocket, and pulled out a box of comfits (luckily the salt water had not got into it), and handed them round as prizes";
d) ""I'm better now— but I'm a deal too flustered to tell you—all I know is, something comes at me like a Jack-in-the-box, and up I goes like a sky-rocket!"";
e) ""By the use of this ointment—one shilling the box— Allow me to sell you a couple?""
f) ""She boxed the Queen's ears—" the Rabbit began.";
g) ""And that's the jury-box," thought Alice; "and those twelve creatures,"";
h) "The next witness was the Duchess's cook. She carried the pepper-box in her hand, and Alice guessed who it was, even before she got into the court, by the way the people near the door began sneezing all at once.";
i) ""Here!" cried Alice, quite forgetting in the flurry of the moment how large she had grown in the last few minutes, and she jumped up in such a hurry that she tipped over the jury-box with the edge of her skirt, upsetting all the jurymen on to the heads of the crowd below.";
j) ""Oh, I beg your pardon!" she exclaimed in a tone of great dismay, and began picking them up again as quickly as she could, for the accident of the gold-fish kept running in her head, and she had a vague sort of idea that they must be collected at once and put back into
the jury-box, or they would die.";
k) "Alice looked at the jury-box, and saw that, in her haste, she had put the Lizard in head downwards, and the poor little thing was waving its tail about in a melancholy way, being quite unable to move.";
l) ""I know what you'd like!" the Queen said good-naturedly, taking a little box out of her pocket.";
m) ""Frumenty and mince-pie," the Gnat replied; "and it makes its nest in a Christmas-box."";
n) ""Things flow about so here!" she said at last in a plaintive tone, after she had spent a minute or so in vainly pursuing a large bright thing, that looked sometimes like a doll and sometimes like a work-box, and was always in the shelf next above the one she was looking at.";
o) "The Sheep took the money, and put it away in a box: then she said "I never put things into people's hands — that would never do — you must get it for yourself."";
p) "He was dressed in tin armour, which seemed to fit him very badly, and he had a queer-shaped little deal box fastened across his
shoulders, upside-down, and with the lid hanging open.";
q) ""I see you're admiring my little box," the Knight said in a friendly tone.";
r) ""Then all the things must have fallen out! And the box is no use without them.""

It's also mentioned that Lewis Caroll was a big fan of music-boxes, amongst the notes...
soulmate02
soulmate02

http://twitter.com/soulmate02

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:34 pm

JayKay
JayKay

http://twitter.com/JackieKane

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:35 pm

b) "Soon her eye fell on a little glass box that was lying under the table"; For newbies, this is the line from one of Phillis's posts.
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahHannah81 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Maybe we will have to rank something at some point, to build a story.
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahHannah81 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:36 pm

JayKay wrote:b) "Soon her eye fell on a little glass box that was lying under the table"; For newbies, this is the line from one of Phillis's posts.

Oh my. What was in that little glass box? (Edit: it was the Eat Me cake)
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

1st email from Spearman - "Help required - SOLOS (3:31 clock) - Page 4 Empty SPEARMAN ------->Shakespeare

Post  da_bush Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Shakespeare
surname recorded from 1248, and means "a spearman." This was a common type of Eng. surname, e.g. Shakelance (1275), Shakeshaft (1332). Shake in the sense of "to brandish or flourish (a weapon)" is attested from late O.E.
Heo scæken on heore honden speren swiðe stronge." [Laymon, "Brut," c. 1205]
"Never a name in English nomenclature so simple or so certain in origin. It is exactly what it looks -- Shakespear." [Bardsley, "Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames," 1901] Nevertheless, speculation flourishes.

1531 Probable year of birth of Shakespeare's father, John Shakespeare

http://www.hopstop.com/New_York_City/10452/1531_Shakespeare_Ave-New_York_NY.html

Last edited by da_bush on Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions required)
da_bush
da_bush

Back to top Go down

Post  nikki_watt Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:51 pm

JayKay wrote:b) "Soon her eye fell on a little glass box that was lying under the table"; For newbies, this is the line from one of Phillis's posts.
thanks im a little overwhelmed with all this info, i wish i knew bout this forum sooner, had lots of reading to do tonight lol x
nikki_watt
nikki_watt

http://www.twitter.com/Nikki_watt

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Hmmm. As I can't remember any recent Shakespeare posts, I didn't think this would be relevant, espesh when I found Spearman in the Matrix. But it might just come up.

Back to the puzzle for a wee mo... Is that our Matrix? My maths is mince, so I am most probably mistaken.
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  mummy09 Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:12 pm

im going to sleep on it tonight so much speculation and ideas cant take it in lol but i do think your onto some think with the matrix idea but iv obviously missed some of phillis clues on twitter i.e about the box........dont rule out alice in wonder land just yet stephen fry who was with Derren earlier is actually the white rabbit in the new alice in wonder land film but tim burton its released on the 5th march next year but i have a feeling i could be completely wrong but ill research more tomorrow nite all Very Happy
mummy09
mummy09

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryG Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Haven't had time to catch up on all the posts yet but I have lots of Alice related books and notes from when we did it as part of my degree. I'll make it my mission to dig them out tommorow. See if there's anything that can help us.

albino x

Last edited by CherryG on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
CherryG
CherryG

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryG Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Ignore this.Wrong place.

Last edited by CherryG on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Being a dosy mare.)
CherryG
CherryG

Back to top Go down

Post  d_g_ Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Seriously, I'm the only person here to own :59?

Page 331 is the first page of notes. Note 1-3 for the intro and notes 1-4 for Happiness. I'm not typing it all out unless we have more to go on 'cus nothing I see there seems relevant at this time.
d_g_
d_g_

http://twitter.com/d_g_

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryG Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Just a random thought, if the EAT ME cake has been mentioned, it makes Alice taller/bigger so she gets trapped. There is a blog post about a giant rat and Phillis has been tweeting tonight about small things (the cat and mouse, tiny sculpture, Abeo being a pygmy Razz ). No idea what that means (if anything) but just keeping on the Alice train of thought.

Oh and about two thirds through the comments on the 'Yesterday' blog post by Derrren (on the Jan Moir thing) someone called 'little red girl' has left a comment. The comment itself is pretty negative and the spelling is bad but at the end in capitals it says 'THE LITTLE RED GIRL IS YOUR TRIGGER'

Just wondered what others thought of this. Clue? Red herring? or just nothing? First thought was that it's another clue (was before the Spearman mail) but rereading the comment itself I'm not so sure. Might have just been making a reference to the Events.
CherryG
CherryG

Back to top Go down

Post  helen1984 Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:46 am

White Rabbit (feat. Esthero) Lyrics
One pill makes you larger, and
One pill makes you small, and the
Ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all.
Go ask Alice,
When she's ten feet tall.

And If you go chasing rabbits, and
You know you're going to fall, tell 'em
A hookah-smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call. Call Alice,
When she was just small.

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow
Go ask Alice,
I think she'll know.
When logic and proportion have
Fallen sloppy dead, and
The white knight's talking backwards, and
The red queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
"FEED YOUR HEEEEEEAAAAAD!"
"FEED YOUR HEEEEEEAAAAAD!"
helen1984
helen1984

http://www.twitter.com/helennewbury

Back to top Go down

1st email from Spearman - "Help required - SOLOS (3:31 clock) - Page 4 Empty re- email

Post  Dead-Ringer-Tash Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:21 am

theymust be selecting certain people
Dead-Ringer-Tash
Dead-Ringer-Tash

http://www.flap-derren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  colinrocks Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:37 am

Hiya Tash - why do you think they're selecting certain people? Do you enter the SOLOS competition but not get an email? Check your spam folder, perhaps?

CherryG wrote:THE LITTLE RED GIRL IS YOUR TRIGGER
This is a quote from DB's The Events episode, where he convinces a guy in a cafe to pinch a telly. He whispers in the dude's ear "The little red girl is your trigger" just obviously enough for us to catch it. Next scene, the guy is walking down Oxford Street, and walks into a shop with a little girl in a red mac (with a red balloon - same as in the backwards advert) outside.
colinrocks
colinrocks

Back to top Go down

1st email from Spearman - "Help required - SOLOS (3:31 clock) - Page 4 Empty Spearman and Clocks

Post  Francis Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:00 am

Probably way off but since we're throwing ideas out there...

http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/abstract/59/6/898

The clock drawing test - used to judge the severity of mental illnesses and measured by the Spearman correlation thing (which Colinrocks picked up on).

Now, who's brave enough to draw a clock and send it back to Spearman?! 'We need your help' might refer to helping his research?
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Dead-Ringer-Tash Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:01 am

i definitly haven't had one - didn't someone say in one post that we were supposed to be in groups so maybe it a snidy way of putting us in them? i'm not very clever - it was just an inkling i had?
Dead-Ringer-Tash
Dead-Ringer-Tash

http://www.flap-derren.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  helen1984 Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:04 am

my immune system is eating my brain , i have an excuse if they think i'm mad from drawing a clock. shall i?
helen1984
helen1984

http://www.twitter.com/helennewbury

Back to top Go down

Post  colinrocks Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:39 am

Francis wrote:Probably way off but since we're throwing ideas out there...
Hi Francis, welcome to the forum... all ideas are very welcome, nice one spotting the spearman/clock relevance!

Tash - what poster number were you? Might be worth dropping them an email to say you never received yours... the email was from "spearman@derrenbrown.co.uk" if you can add it to a safe-list anywhere?
colinrocks
colinrocks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next