Derren Brown Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poster task - send your message to the world

+60
Surzy
codifier
kathdrever
akasis
davemoses
Jennyfz84
naughtyhorty
toomai
hovisloaf
FionaMcD
CherryG
soulmate02
sally_bm
mikehopper26
Shelly2604
lauralou
XxLadyClaireXx
Eqvites
Jack&Jill
mummy09
coocumb3r
Bonitahughes
Edd Dunn
hallmork
Deano88
SuZi
Whispywillow
JayKay
DioniC
helen1984
Dee.1968
Nephthys
stenev
Francis
alsieb
Jo
SemiColon
nettmac
LairyT
Koneko09
glennwooldridge
emiiily
nikki_watt
wilsot05
jude
Cherie2186
d_g_
rogibson
aeropagitica
Storm
deepa
TrustNo1
justapix
kkilty
colinrocks
salt'n'shake
kait321
HannahHannah81
who's arthur?
tiram
64 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Poster task - send your message to the world - Page 22 Empty Re: Poster task - send your message to the world

Post  wilsot05 Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:54 am

Blimey!
I've been away for the weekend and I seem to have missed a task (although I can't find any messages in my inbox for this).
What have we been asked to do exactly??!!x Embarassed
wilsot05
wilsot05

Back to top Go down

Poster task - send your message to the world - Page 22 Empty Re: Poster task - send your message to the world

Post  sally_bm Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:25 am

What links are there with the first crusade and israel and lebannon? Linking the map and posters
sally_bm
sally_bm

Back to top Go down

Post  helen1984 Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:02 am

the first crusade was to regaind land taken by the muslims in the levant (leb is in it i think the 'fertile cresant') and also the reconquest of jerusalem (israel/palastine) . was a response to muslim conquests in what was of holy roman empire.

not sure of relevance though.
helen1984
helen1984

http://www.twitter.com/helennewbury

Back to top Go down

Post  helen1984 Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:14 am

they also went to a place called Ma'arrat al-Numan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma%27arrat_al-Numan
helen1984
helen1984

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:52 am

There's a url for Flickr which has a map on it (look on the wiki) - we're still working on that clue, so read up on that today - but the task (we think) which has to be done for Monday is to print out the 'WE KNOW ABOUT THE BOX' message and post it up in public places (his message to teh world) and take piccies of it and upload it onto Flickr, sending the url to Spearman so he can view them. If you can't get this done, let me know and I'll do a few more for you tonight when I get back from work and, if you create a Flickr account, I'll upload these for you. Just PM me and let me know if you need the help. If you post them yourself, ithas to be legal and you have to ask permission and do it all above board. You can take the signs back down immediately. Also look at the solos corporation thread and the map and box thread and the wiki to catch up. Good luck.

Jax
JayKay
JayKay

http://twitter.com/JackieKane

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:55 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerryspearman - map and box image
https://dbchat.forumotion.co.uk/current-puzzles-clues-f5/solos-website-t214.htm - solos corporation

Here you go, this should help, plus read this thread.
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:00 am

Nice find, Helen.
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  aeropagitica Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:40 am

thunderstar wrote:I don't know why everyone has gone of tangent sticking up posters of the Box, is it because they don't know what else they should be doing? scratch

1. The gerryspearman Flickr account contains an image that has been formatted for printing on an A4 domestic printer.
2. The @solosenigma Twitter account told us that messages can be communicated in non-electronic formats
3. The @solosenigma Twitter account posted photographs of eye-catching posters
4. The @solosenigma Twitter account confirmed that there is a common link between the above
5. No further information has been supplied
6. The @MrLox Twitter account links to the Solos Corporation website
7. The Solos Corporation website alludes to personality modification and behavioural management/control techniques
8. The voicemail left by Mr Lox mentioned that Spearman should be disregarded; e-mails have also tempted Spearman followers to switch to Lox
9. The Ellis Boyard blog mentioned that Andy Deferan said something that sounded like 'soulless' - Solos - in his last phone call before he disappeared.
10. The connection between Andy Deferan and Solos has not been made clear as yet.

The implication is that Lox is attempting to limit the amount of information on Solos activities in the public domain, whilst Spearman is attempting to advertise them widely with his followers' assistance. Spearman has also mentioned that he doesn't have a lot of time for extensive online communication, hence the oblique and implied requests/instructions. Emulating the tweeted posters with the Flickr 'box' poster appears to fit in with Spearman's behaviour right now. If the rounds are following weekly cycles then the quietness of the characters over the weekend allows us time to emulate/comply with their requests before they make contact next week.

A point of interest is that Ellis said that Andy Deferan was calling from somewhere that sounded Middle-Eastern. The map is of a route for the First Crusades and the posters allude to the Middle East too. The connection may become stronger in future rounds but as yet the information gives us nothing to grasp as a point of action.
aeropagitica
aeropagitica

Back to top Go down

Post  rogibson Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:51 am

aeropagitica wrote:A point of interest is that Ellis said that Andy Deferan was calling from somewhere that sounded Middle-Eastern. The map is of a route for the First Crusades and the posters allude to the Middle East too. The connection may become stronger in future rounds but as yet the information gives us nothing to grasp as a point of action.

I know I have been a firm proponent of finding the real locations for Spearman's posters, but having had time to think about it over the weekend I agree with your last point; at the moment, this is all we have to go on, but this isn't to say that the locations won't play an important part in future rounds. For now, get sticking I say!

rogibson

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:59 am

I thought I could hear French speaking in the calls too, so it ties up with the French/Arab speaking that I think Soulmate spoke of. There are also tomography posts on the blog and have been several in the past, so I think the gamma formula is relative to that. And tomography can be used for the identifying of fossils and bones, which has also been discussed several times on the blog, plus Lox described Spearman as a fossil. Plus there have been major archeological finds in Western Syria.

I know the fossil idea is heading away from the military thing, but we have been given 'mirrored'/multi tangent clues all along anyway. And perhaps, as an army brat (which can also mean Andy travelled with the army (thus 'nomdad'), even if he wasn't a soldier), the military stuff may be relative in so far as he could have become depressed. There have been blog posts about the amount of people going missing in this country. Maybe Andy is a photographer who has seen too much?

Also, if we think Ellis may poss be Andy, then how could Ellis have gone to Oxford to find Andy if we think Andy may be in Marrakech? Where is Ellis?

Maybe I've missed something - I still have a few pages I keep forgetting to read that I missed last week, so there's a good chance I have missed something on Ellis.

There was also the post on the excavation site at Stonehenge - which mirrors the existing site. Stonehenge is in the Oxford area...

And after writing all that I think, feck off, it's gotta be mind control.

Last edited by JayKay on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:49 am; edited 4 times in total
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  rogibson Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:10 am

Here are some real photos from my poster excursion yesterday.

At no point were stooges used in the making of these photos:

http://www.twitpic.com/photos/rogibson

I hope you like them Twisted Evil

rogibson

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:13 am

I love these - and, for anyone who can't actually print anything out - it shows there is also photoshop to get the bigger idea across.
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:15 am

Thought I'd repost this here too. It was in response to another post on the Spearman's 3 images blog, but it may or may not be useful here.

Re: New twitters from Spearman - and 3 new images

Post JayKay Today at 11:59 am
I thought I could hear French speaking in the calls too, so it ties up with the French/Arab speaking that I think Soulmate spoke of. There are also tomography posts on the blog and have been several in the past, so I think the gamma formula is relative to that. And tomography can be used for the identifying of fossils and bones, which has also been discussed several times on the blog, plus Lox described Spearman as a fossil. Plus there have been major archeological finds in Western Syria.

I know the fossil idea is heading away from the military thing, but we have been given 'mirrored'/multi tangent clues all along anyway. And perhaps, as an army brat (which can also mean Andy travelled with the army (thus 'nomdad'), even if he wasn't a soldier), the military stuff may be relative in so far as he could have become depressed. There have been blog posts about the amount of people going missing in this country. Maybe Andy is a photographer who has seen too much?

Also, if we think Ellis may poss be Andy, then how could Ellis have gone to Oxford to find Andy if we think Andy may be in Marrakech? Where is Ellis?

Maybe I've missed something - I still have a few pages I keep forgetting to read that I missed last week, so there's a good chance I have missed something on Ellis.

There was also the post on the excavation site at Stonehenge - which mirrors the existing site. Stonehenge is in the Oxford area...

And now I've written all of that, I think, feck off, it's gotta be mind control, plain and simple.
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  rogibson Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:23 am

JayKay wrote:I love these - and, for anyone who can't actually print anything out - it shows there is also photoshop to get the bigger idea across.

Thank you! As I only have two real photos I was hoping to do some more today, but we are literally having gail force winds here so I don't think it would be much fun Mad

By the way, the photo with the poster stuck on the guy's back wasn't staged or anything - after finding a potential target in my local Borders store (and plucking up enough courage to stick it on his back momentarily) he went over to the shelf and only picked up... DB's Portraits book! I knew then that I had to get the photo quick so I snapped, took the poster off and ran! Embarassed

rogibson

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 am

Nutter!
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  rogibson Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:30 am

JayKay wrote:Nutter!

I think we all are! bounce

rogibson

Back to top Go down

Post  SuZi Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:37 am

rogibson wrote:By the way, the photo with the poster stuck on the guy's back wasn't staged or anything - after finding a potential target in my local Borders store (and plucking up enough courage to stick it on his back momentarily) he went over to the shelf and only picked up... DB's Portraits book! I knew then that I had to get the photo quick so I snapped, took the poster off and ran! Embarassed

That one is not staged? Haha. I really liked it. Nice touch with the Portraits-book. clown
SuZi
SuZi

Back to top Go down

Post  rogibson Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:48 am

SuZi wrote:
rogibson wrote:By the way, the photo with the poster stuck on the guy's back wasn't staged or anything - after finding a potential target in my local Borders store (and plucking up enough courage to stick it on his back momentarily) he went over to the shelf and only picked up... DB's Portraits book! I knew then that I had to get the photo quick so I snapped, took the poster off and ran! Embarassed

That one is not staged? Haha. I really liked it. Nice touch with the Portraits-book. clown

I promise you it wasn't staged; I had a couple of other pictures of the same guy but I kept this one because it's a nice shot. DB has always taught me to be very skeptical of concepts such as fate and fortune, but the fact that the guy I was planning on sticking a poster to went over and picked up DB's Portraits must have been one HUGE coincidence!

rogibson

Back to top Go down

Post  helen1984 Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 am

i mentioned it somewhere before but in n email to me a few days ago ellis said his phone and internet had been cut off at home.
helen1984
helen1984

Back to top Go down

Post  jude Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:36 am

Stonehenge is in Wiltshire, nr Salisbury...
jude
jude

Back to top Go down

Post  helen1984 Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:40 am

its not that far really, esp. when you condider it as part of the wider ritual landscape that it is situated in.
helen1984
helen1984

Back to top Go down

Post  jude Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:13 am

Nick wrote:Photography holds some interesting data here. The box image (made of arrows) on the "We know" flyer we are using is a type of illusion, not an optical illusion but a "visual illusion" as the result of us seeing a box is due to an incorrect interpretation by the brain rather than the result of an optical distortion. There is no box, our brain is just making one; Don't trust what we see or take it at face value. "Step outside the box"?

Gamma in photograpy is used to quantify contrast: the slope of an input–output curve in log–log space.

"Gamma values less than 1 are typical of negative film, and values greater than 1 are typical of slide (reversal) film".

Notice the words negative and reversal. Mirrored, as in a captured image. Looking in the mirror of a captured image of yourself? We are stuck or caught up by the way we think or naturally see things as humans.

The lens of a camera works in stages where the image is flipped effecting the way we see it (1/U + 1/V = 1/F, U is the object distance or how close or far away the light is coming from, V is the image distance or distance from the lens to the point at which the light is focussed and F is the focal length), technology influencing perception. Could "the box", metaphorical or otherwise contain a captured image or data, possibly like the black box in a plane, which would relate to the military element mentioned on the solos site: http://www.soloscorporation.com ?

"At SOLOS we are creating next generation mind and body technology in a controlled military environment. Combined with a highly enhanced understanding of how the human mind integrates with software and hardware, we engage individuals in high level strategy, negotiation and planning with a sound technical back up."

The relationship between the mind and technology, something we are definitely caught up in here. An experiment?

I looked up the whois info on this site. It's VERY new. Must be related or has somebody mentioned that somewhere else already?!

Registrant:
Pow Digital
67-69 Whitfield Street
London, W1T 4HF
GB

Domain name: SOLOSCORPORATION.COM

Administrative Contact:
Robertson, Phil
67-69 Whitfield Street
London, W1T 4HF
GB
+44.2074627866
Technical Contact:
Robertson, Phil
67-69 Whitfield Street
London, W1T 4HF
GB
+44.2074627866

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 26-Oct-2009.
Record expires on 26-Oct-2010.
Record created on 26-Oct-2009.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
http://domainhelp.tucows.com

Domain servers in listed order:
NS2.MAINNAMESERVER.COM
NS.MAINNAMESERVER.COM

Domain status: ok
jude
jude

Back to top Go down

Post  jude Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:23 am

The company that designed the SOLOSCORPORATION website, PoW digital, was formed on 25th October and is being followed by Abeo and only 3 others...I'm following too now!
jude
jude

Back to top Go down

Post  coocumb3r Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:42 am

jude wrote:The company that designed the SOLOSCORPORATION website, PoW digital, was formed on 25th October and is being followed by Abeo and only 3 others...I'm following too now!

i don't think pow has anything to do with it, just that they made the site :S
coocumb3r
coocumb3r

http://twitter.com/coocumb3r

Back to top Go down

Post  coocumb3r Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:53 am

rogibson wrote:
SuZi wrote:

I promise you it wasn't staged; I had a couple of other pictures of the same guy but I kept this one because it's a nice shot. DB has always taught me to be very skeptical of concepts such as fate and fortune, but the fact that the guy I was planning on sticking a poster to went over and picked up DB's Portraits must have been one HUGE coincidence!

that's more luck than judgement!
coocumb3r
coocumb3r

http://twitter.com/coocumb3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next