Derren Brown Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th email from Spearman: "The choice is made" (Find Andy blog)

+39
wilsot05
paul3313
SemiColon
davemoses
Diane 79
XxLadyClaireXx
nikki_watt
thezomeister
Jennyfz84
charliechalk
emiiily
LairyT
Jo
tiram
soulmate02
TrustNo1
codifier
who's arthur?
jude
deepa
Bonitahughes
JayKay
SuZi
ferkle
Edd Dunn
CJ
salt'n'shake
aeropagitica
Surzy
Nephthys
d_g_
HannahHannah81
justapix
Deano88
AndyWaite
hallmork
alsieb
james
helen1984
43 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

4th email from Spearman: "The choice is made" (Find Andy blog) - Page 10 Empty Re: 4th email from Spearman: "The choice is made" (Find Andy blog)

Post  JayKay Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:07 am

I realise the clue was close to being solved, but I'd also like to learn how to participate more fully. I like to learn. Thank you Colinrocks, very good of you to take the time. And that way perhaps others who are interested can work things out for themselves in future. I currently feel I'm of little use to the game and I'm sure a few more feel they also have no relevant skills to offer.

Jax
JayKay
JayKay

http://twitter.com/JackieKane

Back to top Go down

4th email from Spearman: "The choice is made" (Find Andy blog) - Page 10 Empty Re: 4th email from Spearman: "The choice is made" (Find Andy blog)

Post  tiram Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:08 am

When S writes about the clocks, he uses past-term, so to me they seem to refer the first puzzle.

I sent S an e-mail now on where we should start looking for Andy
tiram
tiram

Back to top Go down

Post  nikki_watt Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:16 am

JayKay wrote:I realise the clue was close to being solved, but I'd also like to learn how to participate more fully. I like to learn. Thank you Colinrocks, very good of you to take the time. And that way perhaps others who are interested can work things out for themselves in future. I currently feel I'm of little use to the game and I'm sure a few more feel they also have no relevant skills to offer.

Jax

yeh i feel useless with this, have not been able to help even a teeny bit, feel bad just sitting watching it unfold without having helped in the slightest.....sorrry Embarassed
nikki_watt
nikki_watt

http://www.twitter.com/Nikki_watt

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:38 am

To me, the logical order of things was to make sure we didn't place the seemingly vulnerable Andy in the hands of anyone who could hurt him. As we're not sure if Spearman or Lox are the same person, or if not, who is good and who is evil, then personally, I would hesitate before I searched for the co-ordinates which is easy enough to do (for those who can use the map that is, haha) and work out the psychology, situations and relationships firstly. And this is why I'm not sure how to continue; how to make relevant suggestions. The order of things is not clear to me, as lots of clues are out there already and I can't get them out of my head and I keep spitting shit out which seems to be getting in the way! Question

Last edited by JayKay on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:42 am

I emailed Lox and Spearman and asked the old Knights and Knaves question; is teh other one a Scientologist. Lox says... 'No. You will not encounter any Scientologists'.
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  colinrocks Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:32 am

JayKay wrote:I emailed Lox and Spearman and asked the old Knights and Knaves question; is teh other one a Scientologist. Lox says... 'No. You will not encounter any Scientologists'.
Ah ha... hold on, does that mean he IS a scientologist, or that he can;t lie? Only kidding... sounds like the scientology lead is a duff one.

JayKay, nikki - don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty of time to help find and solve clues, I think we're all chomping at the bit at the moment, dying to sink our teeth into something meaty... as the game (and the forum) matures though things will hopefully settle down Smile
colinrocks
colinrocks

http://www.twitter.com/thecolinrocks

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 am

Well I no longer know what to input. There is this 'power of the pen' phrase that comes to mind in brainstorming sessions and it means that whomever holds the pen, controls the creativity. There is pen-holding at times, therefore one feels a bit weird at coming forward with random ideas at the mo. Obviously we are being offered guidance at times as we're off on tangents... But there is a wobbliness at present. And I do feel... wobbly about being able to put down my initial thoughts... So I may duck out for a bit, unless something glares at me. I'll take tomorrow off and assess.
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 am

Don't feel like that JayKay - its human nature those that have led us to this point feel a link to the nature of the game - and may fall at any future task. Yours is as valuable an input as anyones.

Remember - those that rush comments on here, to rush onto the next bit of info forget to remember that the context of their comments may be taken harshly by some.

Any bit of info (brainstorming) could easily lead one of us to the right path dude.

So keep on going JayKay
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  justapix Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:00 am

Storm™️ wrote:Don't feel like that JayKay - its human nature those that have led us to this point feel a link to the nature of the game - and may fall at any future task. Yours is as valuable an input as anyones.

Remember - those that rush comments on here, to rush onto the next bit of info forget to remember that the context of their comments may be taken harshly by some.

Any bit of info (brainstorming) could easily lead one of us to the right path dude.

So keep on going JayKay

Quite right Smile I don't have much to input at the moment either, but just throw whatever you can into the pot, brainstorm like Storm suggests. I'm just adding little bits where and when I can Smile
justapix
justapix

http://www.twitter.com/anxietysucks

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:17 am

Storm, it's not a question of harshness, it's just... brickwallness. A kind of, 'Oh OK then'. 'I don't think this/it's not my opinion that/maybe we're looking too far into that' is totally fine. I'm as guilty as anyone - I was down Alice's hole with everyone else! The 'Get out of Oxford' phone call was a very creative way of dragging us back and I liked that lots and it's a much more fun way of doing things. Right now, some may not be participating I think because they feel they don't stand a chance if they moot an idea, when once they were brought into the fold, their post can be overlooked as is sometimes happening at the mo. Of course the game will mature and gather speed and we will have to keep up, but so far, it has centred around a particular set of skills which is a barrier to loads of good brains; the more creative right brainers. I like the idea of strength-finding and teaching and helping along the way. Although I can be an elitist bitch at times, haha.

Last edited by JayKay on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  salt'n'shake Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:22 am

well said jaykay - but i'm sure as in other arg's the game will progress and need people with different skill sets when the creaters find out a bit more about us and how we think and work together - well i hope at least otherwise i'm pretty screwed on the creative front! lol
salt'n'shake
salt'n'shake

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 am

I'm putting myself out there a bit today by admitting what's going on in my head, but I thought I'd be honest so that others don't feel so damned crap. It is a game and we can take it or leave it, of course. But would it be so interesting if we didn't feel we could throw a few lumps of cheese into the communal fondue?
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  salt'n'shake Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:27 am

haha love your metaphors jaykay! stops my head hurting so much from over-thinking! Very Happy
salt'n'shake
salt'n'shake

Back to top Go down

Post  d_g_ Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:29 am

We all have different skills, different knowledge, and at times different clues, the smallest of inputs can snowball from a minor suggestion into a major breakthrough. Even if you don't have the skills or knowledge needed to follow up on that initial suggestion, making the suggestion known might allow someone else to add another piece to the puzzle.

Just remember that people are always going to be more likely to champion their own theories, and if they're not convinced by someone else's theory they may try to express that. They might be wrong.
d_g_
d_g_

http://twitter.com/d_g_

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:30 am

I am drawn to that old cleche - or however its spelt . . . . . . .

there is no i in team lol - yuk

and your right those that feel their ideas will be squashed in a " oh i dont think so dear have a nice cup of tea while mum and dad do the important stuff" way, will feel excluded or if they lack the knowledge to participate at a particular level, the same.

But - brainstorming can always be ignored or explored and unless controls are implemented anyone can bypass superior comments/attitudes and just carry on doing what they were - someone will take time and stealth and pick the bones out of it and will come out on or near the top. Tortoise and hare Jaykay.

Considered brainstorming will eventually win through. Its the law of averages. It will slow us down also but it means that in amongst all our dross someone will hit the nail on the head. Hence Hannah's breakthrough. I am X military and considered the times as co ordinates. But failed to consider reversing them. Doh! lol
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  TrustNo1 Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:35 am

Isn't Andy Deferan from some TV program or film the name seems familiar?
JBx
TrustNo1
TrustNo1

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahHannah81 Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:37 am

There's Andy Dufresne from the Shawshank redemption - is that who you were thinking of? Smile
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

Post  Nephthys Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Neither Ellis or Andy are on Facebook....
Nephthys
Nephthys

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:18 pm

For anyone reading this to catch up, join this Facebook address for Andy https://www.facebook.com/search/?q=findandy&init=quick#/profile.php?id=100000316086148&ref=ts and alsp log onto Twitter and retweet #andydeferan asking for help to find him. Ta. x
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

Post  justapix Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:24 pm

JayKay wrote:For anyone reading this to catch up, join this Facebook address for Andy https://www.facebook.com/search/?q=findandy&init=quick#/profile.php?id=100000316086148&ref=ts and alsp log onto Twitter and retweet #andydeferan asking for help to find him. Ta. x

Well I tweeted it to the 2 work ones I have, and that was around 6,000 people world wide so fingers crossed some will RT Smile
justapix
justapix

http://www.twitter.com/anxietysucks

Back to top Go down

Post  JayKay Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Wow justapix!
JayKay
JayKay

Back to top Go down

4th email from Spearman: "The choice is made" (Find Andy blog) - Page 10 Empty Andy

Post  clockworkdoll Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:20 am

Oh my god...Andy from Shawshank Redemption. YES! because his best firend Red's full name is...drumroll please...Ellis Redmann Smile I feel clever. Please tell me if someone already found this. But Ellis went looking for Andy and found him in 'a Pacific Mexican Town'. I'lll try to find a better location, though.

clockworkdoll

Back to top Go down

4th email from Spearman: "The choice is made" (Find Andy blog) - Page 10 Empty Andy

Post  clockworkdoll Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:25 am

Zihuatanejo, Mexico apparently.

clockworkdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  clockworkdoll Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:33 am

JayKay said that

sallybm from the blog said...

"I reckon it would be backwards though Storm, no? I don't think you can put grid references into google maps, nothing seems to happen. Longitude and latitude lines?

Could it be Turkey? Çiğli, 8041. Sk, 35620 Yeni, Turkey (Latitude 1351, Longitude 8041). No other options were anywhere near the middle East. One Mexico and one South Korea."

The Mexico one. Coincidence? I don't think so.

clockworkdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  jude Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:51 am

Co ordinates on google earth for Zihuantenejo are 17.39.03 N 101.32.17 W
Does it fit? I like the Andy and Ellis link though. Possibly one of the best films/short stories EVER.
jude
jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next