Derren Brown Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spearman clocks / compass riddle - SOLVED!

+13
Storm
tiram
SuZi
soulmate02
CJ
who's arthur?
salt'n'shake
codifier
alsieb
Edd Dunn
Jo
colinrocks
HannahHannah81
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spearman clocks / compass riddle - SOLVED! - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearman clocks / compass riddle - SOLVED!

Post  salt'n'shake Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:04 am

although i do think that we don't need these clues anymore as spearman said they 'had' served their purpose
salt'n'shake
salt'n'shake

Back to top Go down

Spearman clocks / compass riddle - SOLVED! - Page 2 Empty Re: Spearman clocks / compass riddle - SOLVED!

Post  who's arthur? Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:06 am

sorry guys i know this is a team spearman thread (please be nice to us lox followers Razz) does this also add up for the lox clocks? oh that rhymes
who's arthur?
who's arthur?

http://www.twitter.com/ardyer

Back to top Go down

Post  alsieb Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:11 am

alsieb
alsieb

Back to top Go down

Post  CJ Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:14 am

I think you've got to be on the .com site not the .co.uk one
CJ
CJ

Back to top Go down

Post  soulmate02 Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:21 am

Gosh, I'm finding all this clock Google mapping overwhelming. Embarassed

Nevertheless, well done Hannah! cheers
soulmate02
soulmate02

http://twitter.com/soulmate02

Back to top Go down

Post  who's arthur? Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:24 am

ok using hannah's logic the google search for Lox's clocks (03° 1' 5" SW, 7° 0' 0" SW) give us Ealing and a postcode Very Happy seems to have worked
who's arthur?
who's arthur?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:25 am

wikipedia for london shows coords as

Coordinates: 51°30′28″N 00°07′41″W

looks similarish to times on loxs clocks??? i.e. 3.15 and 7.00 backwards if you ignore the number before he 'N and 'W???
Jo
Jo

http://www.themagicofmedicine.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahHannah81 Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:27 am

BREAKTHROUGH! (there's me getting overexcited again):

Spearman:
There were multiple directional references that would work with Google maps when you make your time run backwards. You have chosen one. There are others that will lead to the same place, not using South or
South East.
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

Spearman clocks / compass riddle - SOLVED! - Page 2 Empty Lox' clocks

Post  SuZi Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:30 am

With 51° 30' N, 00° 07' W you end up in front of the Florence Nightingale Museum on Westminster Bridge road.

Tried fiddling around with the devil indicating North/South, but both times end up in the middle of nowhere.
SuZi
SuZi

Back to top Go down

Post  who's arthur? Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:35 am

strange because that is where it says my location is on the who's online part of this site :S
who's arthur?
who's arthur?

Back to top Go down

Post  SuZi Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:36 am

I opened a thread of Lox' clocks here.
SuZi
SuZi

Back to top Go down

Post  colinrocks Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 am

HannahHannah81 wrote:BREAKTHROUGH! (there's me getting overexcited again):

Spearman:
There were multiple directional references that would work with Google maps when you make your time run backwards. You have chosen one. There are others that will lead to the same place, not using South or
South East.

Excellent! That does sort-of confirm that Marrakesh was the answer to the clocks clue... though it might take a little more head-scratching on my behalf to work it out fully lol.

If anyone wants a guide for inputting coords into google, i've knocked one up for the "other sites" section. Perhaps we could have a "tools" section too lol:

https://dbchat.forumotion.co.uk/other-sites-f7/searching-google-maps-with-degrees-mins-secs-t167.htm
colinrocks
colinrocks

http://www.twitter.com/thecolinrocks

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahHannah81 Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:08 am

I just had a look Colin - that's really useful, thanks Smile
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

Post  alsieb Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:20 am

CJ wrote:
I think you've got to be on the .com site not the .co.uk one

I can't go on .com only .co.uk or .de - I work for BMW and the servers we've got are in Germany, so it reverts to german when I don't want it to be!
alsieb
alsieb

Back to top Go down

Post  tiram Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:25 am

well done Hannah!

I was on to the same thing, but didn't quite figure out the coordinates.... this knowledge might come in handy later though!
tiram
tiram

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 am

Well done Hannah!!!!

BUT

Why did we get the email reference - I mean the final email - the point is we got the destination from the clocks - but we got the item from the final email clues. Technically we didnt need the clocks.

Looks like its a long game - as in the clocks and clues - then the final email gave the whole lot and a way for the NOT SO BRIGHT to join in and if they were online at the right time to get the final email - they had a chance too.

Worth baring in mind for those who have jobs that dont involve being humped over a PC.
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  LairyT Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 am

So do we think the clocks were only useful for finding the answer to the Marrakech question or is this the starting point for our search for Andy I wonder....?
LairyT
LairyT

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/LairyT?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  d_g_ Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:11 am

As much as the search link Hannah posted does point directly there, the lat and long is more like +31° 38' 3", -8° 0' 2" (which is odd in itself as this is different to what Wikipedia says for the lat/long). So, I'm a little concerned that Lox' Clocks had a more 'straight forward' pointer to the location that works: 51° 30′ 0″, 0° 0′ 7″ being in London...

However, I certainly think spearman is indicating that the clocks were part of the last round, and are no longer useful--although the suggestion, given the riddle, would be that Andy is in Marrakesh.

Last edited by d_g_ on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
d_g_
d_g_

http://twitter.com/d_g_

Back to top Go down

Post  justapix Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:34 am

You've also got to take into account WHY would they send us to Marrakesh if it had nothing to do with the game, same as Lox and the clue that sent us to London, so they've GOT to be connected. flower We've just got to find out where in Marrakesh Andy is, and perhaps Spearman is in London and Lox wants to find Spearman to stop us getting clues to where Andy is? Suspect
justapix
justapix

http://www.twitter.com/anxietysucks

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulB Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:11 am

I'm assuming that the whole point of the clocks was just a clue to Marrakesh - remember, they were part 1 & 2 of 3 - of which the end answer was Marrakesh.

Paul B

PaulB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2