Derren Brown Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spearman voicemail clue - "Get out of Oxford"

+29
JayKay
Diane 79
d_g_
avengerko
LairyT
alsieb
jamesleavy
EdFurniss
Bonitahughes
coocumb3r
sonofsam
nikki_watt
CJ
KirstyJ
XxLadyClaireXx
justapix
Francis
Surzy
helen1984
Eqvites
CherryG
Cherie2186
macasV1
Storm
who's arthur?
ferkle
HannahHannah81
SuZi
colinrocks
33 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Spearman voicemail clue - "Get out of Oxford" Empty Spearman voicemail clue - "Get out of Oxford"

Post  colinrocks Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:23 am

Hi guys,

This is a little weird... just got a missed call (13:23) and a voicemail left (from a withheld number) - listening to the message, there's 2 people on the other end, a male and female voice, the male voice nearer and clearer and the female voice talking in the background, quite hard to understand, speaking quite frantically.

He says to her: "who am i supposed to be talking to", and then, clearer down the phone: "get out of oxford".

In the background I can just make out her say: "hurry up and tell him", and "spearman says get out of oxford".

I'll try and get a the audio in mp3 format and uploaded somewhere!!

Edit: Voicemail goodness (sorry about the m4a format, on a mac and in a hurry): http://www.colinrocks.com/GetOutOfOxford.m4a
Edit2: Now available in MP3 format, if that's any better for anyone: http://www.colinrocks.com/GetOutOfOxford.mp3

Last edited by colinrocks on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:28 am; edited 2 times in total
colinrocks
colinrocks

http://www.twitter.com/thecolinrocks

Back to top Go down

Spearman voicemail clue - "Get out of Oxford" Empty Re: Spearman voicemail clue - "Get out of Oxford"

Post  SuZi Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:24 am

Muahah. Creepy! Shocked

Was that guy on the phone Spearman then? Or is Spearman their "boss" and they are calling on his order? Sounds like it.
SuZi
SuZi

Back to top Go down

Spearman voicemail clue - "Get out of Oxford" Empty Re: Spearman voicemail clue - "Get out of Oxford"

Post  HannahHannah81 Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:25 am

JayKay got that too. That's *SO* exciting!

But we're not to trust everything Spearman says, according to Mr Lox. Curiouser and curiouser...
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

Post  ferkle Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:27 am

Woah, okay, that is scary! Remind me though, did we put our numbers in when submitting the form on the Solos page?
ferkle
ferkle

Back to top Go down

Post  who's arthur? Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:28 am

okay the comp's moved on further either they're ringing one by one playing the same message or saying similar things or they're ringing fairly active ppl on the site to spread a message. wether it's a clue or a lie or what is unclear. anybody else that gets a message let the group know
who's arthur?
who's arthur?

http://www.twitter.com/ardyer

Back to top Go down

Post  SuZi Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:28 am

Yes ferkle. Phone number, postcode and poster number.
SuZi
SuZi

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:36 am

OMG stunned, cant believe they are calling people lol how cool is that. FOOOKIN funny lol
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  colinrocks Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:39 am

Listening again, she sounds like she's got quite a broad west country accent...

Why would spearman give us a 3:31 clue, which matched Lewis Caroll's watch in the Oxford Museum, and then tell us to get out of Oxford?

Could 3:31 be a coincidence (1 in 720), or perhaps we need to leave Oxford on a particular compass bearing?
colinrocks
colinrocks

Back to top Go down

Post  macasV1 Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:42 am

Wasn't it Spearman who gave us the time which pointed to the fob watch, and darkmanlox told us not to trust him so what are we supposed to do. I think this could just be to throw us off the trail

macasV1

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahHannah81 Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:42 am

colinrocks wrote:or perhaps we need to leave Oxford on a particular compass bearing?

That was my first thought...
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherie2186 Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:43 am

Maybe Spearman wants us out of Oxford because we are getting too close??!
Cherie2186
Cherie2186

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:45 am

OR and this aint to throw more shit at the fan but maybe the get out of oxford means that the fob watch is bollox after all.............. *holds head in hand and cries small tears of silent rectum clenching frustration*
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahHannah81 Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:49 am

If you go South West of Oxford (Lox's clock - assuming the devil is north), you get to Bristol. Hmm.....

OR, this is in the true nature of the ARG and the game evolves according to the actions of the players. We're being told we're on the wrong track!
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryG Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:58 am

No! affraid That's so exciting! I don't have voicemail set up properly but would love it if I got one.

Curiouser and curiouser ey? albino

edit: Aw my laptop won't play it No Drat.
CherryG
CherryG

Back to top Go down

Post  macasV1 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:01 am

The picture with the devil in came from lox though, surely they cant both be helping us?? Why would we get a start point from Spearman then follow a bearing lox gave us? This game makes my head hurt Razz

macasV1

Back to top Go down

Post  colinrocks Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:02 am

HannahHannah81 wrote:OR, this is in the true nature of the ARG and the game evolves according to the actions of the players. We're being told we're on the wrong track!
Haha yep - that was my first thought... they could be trying to tell us "in game" that oxford is a dead end...
colinrocks
colinrocks

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryG Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:20 am

If we choose to trust Spearman rather than Lox then my frist thought that it was telling us we were on the wrong track.

Colin- is there a way I can get that file to play on windows? Keeps telling me it can't.
CherryG
CherryG

Back to top Go down

Post  Eqvites Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:22 am

Try VLC Media Player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Eqvites
Eqvites

Back to top Go down

Post  macasV1 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 am

If we're going to trust Spearman then surely using lox's picture as a compass bearing or whatever isn't what we should be doing it makes more sense to try and figure out what the second Spearman picture can be used for.

macasV1

Back to top Go down

Post  HannahHannah81 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:25 am

Just listened - creepy! The woman does have a west-country accent. Maybe we're supposed to be going to Bristol!!!
HannahHannah81
HannahHannah81

Back to top Go down

Post  colinrocks Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:29 am

CherryG wrote:Colin- is there a way I can get that file to play on windows? Keeps telling me it can't.
I've just uploaded an MP3 version: http://www.colinrocks.com/GetOutOfOxford.mp3 - if this doesn't work, I'll stick it on youtube Smile
colinrocks
colinrocks

Back to top Go down

Post  Storm Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:39 am

the MP3 works colin OMFG I HAVE TO GO SOON OMFG lol

It sounded like she said "(muffled name) says get out of oxford, hurry up an tell him/them (muffled name) says get out of oxford)

just listened it again "DERREN says get out of oxford"
Storm
Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  helen1984 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:41 am

i got a message from lox... will try and stick it somewhere may need help though.
helen1984
helen1984

http://www.twitter.com/helennewbury

Back to top Go down

Post  Surzy Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:41 am

That is totally creepy! But I am LOVING the total emersion value of it.

Its like Better Than Life!!
Surzy
Surzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Francis Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 am

I'll have a look into the main routes out of Oxford and see what that turns up...
Francis
Francis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next